Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve spent years pottering around on the water, if you love boating there will probably come a time when you start dreaming about buying a boat of your own.
While boat ownership can be a major investment, modern inflatable boats are an excellent and cost-effective option for the casual enthusiast. These versatile, reliable boats are growing in popularity and offer a number of advantages.
How do inflatable boats work?
Inflatable boats are different from other boats in that they use flexible tubes for buoyancy around the sides and a rigid or flexible base in between. The tubes are filled with pressurised gas, keeping the boat afloat at all times and making it very difficult to sink. Inflatable boats come in all different shapes and sizes, from small roll-up dinghies to full-size rigid boats made with aluminium and fibreglass.
Here are five reasons why buying an inflatable boat is well worth considering:
- Cost. Inflatable boats are not only cheaper to buy than many of their competitors, their maintenance costs are also low and they don’t use as much fuel as a lot of other boats. This makes them ideal for people who are just getting started with boating, or who don’t want to outlay a large sum of money for a boat they might only use once in a while.
- Stability. Inflatable boats are very stable, especially rigid inflatable boats. Because they sit flat on the water’s surface, they maintain their stability even at high speeds. Stability is important for comfort and safety, and it is one of the most important factors you should look at when choosing a boat.
- Durability. If you’re going to spend money on a boat, you don’t want one that’s going to fall apart after a couple of months. Because they operate in conditions that are often harsh, inflatable boats are made from the highest quality materials and are rigorously quality checked before they can be sold. Durability is one of the most appealing features about these boats, and they are hardwearing in all weathers.
- Versatility. Most of the boats you can buy are designed to fulfil a single function, but inflatable boats are highly versatile and can be used for different purposes without any difficulty. If you are looking for a boat you can use for fishing, paddling, cruising, as a tender or even as a life or rescue boat, an inflatable boat will fit the bill.
- Portability. This is probably one of the biggest factors that sets inflatable boats apart from the rest. Because you can deflate them for transport and storage, they take up less space and it’s much easier to get them from place to place without the need for a boat trailer.
If you’re looking for a boat that’s safe and convenient and you don’t want to spend a small fortune, why not consider an inflatable boat?
At Waves Overseas we have a huge range of inflatable boats for sale, from inflatable kayaks to rigid hull and sports boats. Make your dream of owning your own boat come true sooner rather than later.